old music

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

TODAY

(Music M.Gold/A.Schwarz-Ruszczynski, lyrics M.Gold)
Central park looks like a graveyard
It never rained like that before
I took the ferry to New Jersey
Never coming back no more
In my hand I hold my ticket
Statue points up to the clouds
Now I’m leaving New York City
I can hear the seagulls cries
Ain’t no doubt
Whenever I saw you -
It felt like the first time
Whenever I kissed you -
Just like the first time
Whenever I’d hold you
It was never the same
And I thought that the last time
Would never come
Today
Sun is shining down on Berlin
A Turkish bride is passing by
Someone plans a revolution
Little kites dance in the sky
I will always hear your heartbeat
Like a groove of yesterday
Laughter running from the playground
As I watch the children play
Ain’t no doubt
Whenever I was you
It felt like the first time...
Here comes the rain!
Right now!